You are interested in becoming a franchisee and owning your own business?
Pitou Minou & Compagnons is the franchise you need.
The success of our franchisees speaks for itself: we rely on personalized support, training and the strength of our network to facilitate their profitability. Buying a Pitou Minou & Compagnons franchise means choosing an affordable and profitable project.
The craze for healthy, ethical and environmentally friendly products has invaded the pet food market. This is a worldwide phenomenon, but the trend is particularly strong in Quebec, hence the excellent business opportunity.
With a network of 35 well-established stores across Quebec, our brand offers you the prospect of rapid growth.
Have you always dreamed of starting your own business? Buying a Pitou Minou & Compagnons franchise gives you the opportunity to be at the helm of your own business and put all the chances on your side to succeed.
By choosing Pitou Minou & Compagnons :
- You will have access to a market of more than 1.5 billion dollars in Quebec.
- You will be part of a network of 35 well established stores in Quebec.
- You will have business opportunities throughout Quebec.
- You will benefit from the unwavering support of a renowned franchisor of seasoned experts.
- You’ll have access to a cutting-edge financing program.
- You will benefit from a great security of supply.
In 2022, Pitou Minou & Compagnons has 35 franchises. Our ambition is to open the 50th franchise in 2025!
With the ongoing growing demand for natural pet foods, this objective is not only possible but very probable. The market has been in full swing for the past 20 years and we expect it to attain even greater importance in the next 10-20 years.
Frequently asked questions
Why become a Pitou Minou & Compagnons franchisee?
There are many reasons to start a business with us, including:
- Becoming your own boss;
- To replace a lost job;
- To leave something to your children;
- To secure your financial future;
- Earning money;
- Build equity;
- Prepare for retirement;
- And many others…
It is essential to identify the factors that motivate you. Few successful entrepreneurs say that money is the only thing that drives them. One of the best ways to find your main motivation is to project yourself into the future: what would you like your loved ones to say about you in 5, 10 or 20 years? You will see that by putting the situation in perspective, everything will become clearer.
Do I have what it takes to become a franchisee?
You’ve found the deep motivation to become a Pitou Minou & Compagnons franchisee, but do you have the necessary skills to succeed in your franchise?
- Are you motivated and energetic?
- Are you autonomous and responsible?
- Are you authentic?
- Do you have good communication skills?
- Are you comfortable with ambiguity?
- Are you healthy?
- Do you have good interpersonal skills?
- Are you disciplined?
Try to get these things right, because if you choose to become a Pitou Minou & Compagnons franchisee, you’ll need these skills on the daily.
Are you ready for everything?
Becoming a Pitou Minou & Compagnons franchisee will require more of your personal resources than you ever thought possible. Your activities will keep you busy; your total commitment to the success of your business is necessary.
In our experience, the first two years are the most demanding because everything has to be done. The first year brings unknown situations and unforeseen problems. The second year allows you to plan and better organize yourself to face the challenges.
Your success will depend greatly on your ability to develop your local business and gain new customers. You will need to be part of business or social networks, actively support a cause in your local market, get involved in pet-related activities, etc. All of this will take energy and time. A lot of time.
1. Evaluation of the business opportunity
Before you contact us, please read our Learn How the Pitou Minou & Compagnons Franchise Works guide and expand your full business potential. You’ll find many useful information, including our business model, values and qualification requirements.
2. Virtual conference
Take the time to learn more about the opportunity, to demystify certain aspects of this type of store and business relationship, to get to know our president better, to ask your questions.
- You fill out the official franchise application form.
- We call you to validate everything and invite you to an first interview.
- We meet in an interview.
- You take the psychometric test that helps us validate your potential as a franchisee in a scientific manner.
4. Discovery day
During a whole day, you will be on site, at one of our franchisees, in order to learn about the daily life at Pitou Minou & Compagnons.
5. Delivery of the franchise agreement
You will be able to read the franchise agreement, which will be given to you at this stage. After reading it, we will be happy to answer all your questions.
6. Selection interview and committee decision
This will be the time to present your plan for success to our committee.
7. Signing the contract, launching your franchise
Once your franchise is official, you will begin your training and our 120-day start-up program. Then it will be time to open the doors of your own Pitou Minou & Compagnons franchise!
What qualifies you for the project, based on personal criteria:
- You love animals;
- You have an undeniable business sense;
- You have a passion for customer service;
- You have experience in retail;
- You have proven skills in recruiting and managing staff;
- You live in the store’s territory or within a 30 minute drive.
What qualifies you for the project, based on the financial criteria:
- You have at least $75,000 in private equity;
- You have a clean balance sheet with a net worth of at least $350,000.
Targeted regions, business development
Multiple business opportunities are available today or in the coming months in the province of Quebec.
Targeted regions, business development
Beaconsfield | Beloeil | Blainville | Boisbriand | Bois-des-Filion | Boucherville | Brossard | Candiac | Chambly | Châteauguay | Côte-Saint-Luc | Dollard-Des Ormeaux | Dorval | Kirkland | La Prairie | L’Assomption | Laval | Longueuil | Mascouche | Mirabel | Montréal | Mont-Royal | Mont-Saint-Hilaire | Pointe-Claire | Repentigny | Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville | Saint-Constant | Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu | Saint-Jérôme | Sainte-Julie | Saint-Lambert | Saint-Lazare | Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac | Sainte-Thérèse | Terrebonne | Varennes | Vaudreuil-Dorion | Westmount